August 20, 2019
PARADIGM SHIFT WITH CHRISTINA MARTINI
Christina Martini and Jennifer Fondrevay discuss how Jennifer transitioned from advertising to marketing and her experience with being part of leadership teams through a series of mergers and acquisitions and the human capital issues that arise during significant inflection points in an organization.
In this episode, Christina Martini and Jennifer Fondrevay discuss:
- The importance of human capital challenges and considerations in today’s business world.
- The characters you may see during a post-deal landscape.
- Talking about the people from the due diligence phase, not late in the deal.
- Seeing the opportunity in change.
- Be open minded, have contingency plans, and be nimble in your interactions during inflection points.
- M&A transactions are an emotional process for everyone.
- Bring on a human capital advisor – someone who can advise as to the people challenges you are going to face during an M&A transaction.
- Know what you’re good at, how it contributes to the new vision, and make sure people know that.
“When you are operating from a position of fear, people act differently.” — Jennifer Fondrevay