M&A IS MESSY: THE IMPACT OF COMPANY CULTURE PRE AND POST SALE
WITH RYAN TANSOM
Jennifer talks with Ryan about her experiences with M&A and how she has met a need that many businesses don’t think about until after the fact. That need, of course, is keeping your employees and more importantly middle managers in the loop about their future with your company once it is sold.
You Will Learn About:
- Jennifer’s background in advertising and marketing.
- How she got into M&A.
- Who her book is for and why she launched Day One Ready.
- Why M&A is important to a business.
- Why incorrect valuation is the main reason businesses fail the first year after a merger.
- The culture clashes that happen after a sale.
- Painting a clear picture of a company’s future is critical.
- How Jennifer provides transparency to the M&A process.
- The types of leaders you need to include in this process.
- Emphasizing how the employee fits into the new system.
- The stats of failure for an M&A business during the first year.
- The steps to considering people first.
- The importance of respect.
- Jennifer’s parting advice.
The fact is your company will change after a merger. You need to ask the right questions and include the right people in your company to create a uniform and clear representation of how the business will change for the employees just looking for marching orders. If you show respect to your employees it will go a long way.